There are a number of situations in which we would recommend using mediation. These include:
– To solve conflict resulting from structural problems in an organisation
– As a ‘box-ticking’ exercise, i.e. to prove that as an organisation, you have taken action to solve a problem.
– As a method to ensure employees are following managerial instructions.
– As a ‘softer’ disciplinary procedure for a staff member who is too important to lose.
– In cases where the Mediation may be a danger to a person’s mental health.
– For cases involving clear victimisation/ discrimination.